Academy & Pathway Psychologist
|Job Title:||Academy & Pathway Psychologist|
|Department:||High Performance / Player Pathway|
|Reports to:||High Performance Manager|
|Contract type:||Paid role on consultancy basis (Approx. 25-30 hour per month winter / approx. 8-10 hours per month summer)|
|Salary range:||Hourly / day rate negotiated|
Warwickshire CCC are excited to be adding to the holistic performance support of their Academy and Pathway and are seeking a Sport Psychologist who would be responsible for the delivery of performance and wellbeing support & skills training to the Academy & Emerging Players Programme (EPP) groups, and the County Age Group (CAG) squads. The successful candidate would report directly to the High Performance Manager and be based largely at Edgbaston Stadium or the Edgbaston Community Sports Ground.
- WCCC High Performance Manager
- WCCC High Performance Coaching team
- WCCC High Performance Administrator
- WCCC Lead Sport Psychologist
- WCCC Specialist Coaches
- WCCC Physiotherapy Team
- WCCC Lead & Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- WCCC Nutritionist
- PCA Personal Development & Well-being Manager
Role Profile and Key Responsibilities
- The main area for applied delivery will be to provide a range of one-to-one & group support to our Academy, EPP and CAG programmes, during the winter training programme.
- To work closely with and as part of the Academy / Pathway MDT supporting players and parents within the Pathway programme.
- To liaise and work alongside the WCCC Lead Sport Psychologist around the integration and the transition of players moving from EPP to Academy to professional environment.
- To work alongside and through CAG, EPP & Academy coaches during the winter training programme and transition to summer.
- To provide occasional support and observation during the summer match-play programme to older age group squads.
- To attend and support two summer Academy & EPP training sessions per month.
Preferred Personal Specifications, Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Sport and/or Exercise Psychology
- BASES or BPS Accredited
- Evidence of a strong pedagogical background around working with young adolescents in a sporting programme
How To Apply
Please provide a cover letter and up to date CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 27th November 2023
All candidates are encouraged to complete the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form when applying. This will assist in monitoring selection decisions to assess whether equality of opportunity is being achieved, however, the provision of this data is entirely optional.
Any information collated will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be used in the short-listing process.
Warwickshire County Cricket Club is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process: ECB DBS clearance is mandatory before taking up the role. We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place promoting safeguarding and safer working practice across our services.
Equal Opportunities In Employment Policy Statement
Warwickshire County Cricket Club will ensure that all existing and potential employees receive equal consideration, and is committed to the elimination of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, colour, ethnic and national origin, nationality, sexuality, marital status, responsibility for dependants, religion, trade union activity and age (up to 65).
It is the intention of Warwickshire County Cricket Club that its work force, at all levels, should reflect the composition of the City’s population. To achieve this Warwickshire County Cricket Club will take active and positive steps to eliminate discrimination, reduce the effects of past discrimination and to promote equality in employment.