Assistant Coach – Batting Lead (Derbyshire CCC)
Do you have the desire to help build an inclusive, winning culture at Derbyshire County Cricket Club?
If so, we are recruiting for an Assistant Coach – Batting Lead, will work as an integral part of the cricket coaching and support staff; helping to deliver a best in class coaching programme to the professional playing squad.
The role will also require supporting the Academy and Elite Performance Pathway to assist in the smooth transition of players from Academy to Professional.
Your technical and tactical knowledge as well as high quality coaching sessions will play a crucial role in bringing success to Derbyshire County Cricket Club.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Head of Cricket to develop a high-class batting programme for the Professional Squad, working across both red & white ball cricket.
• Deliver group and 1-on-1 practice sessions offering technical and tactical insight.
• Facilitate batting practice and support on all Derbyshire County Cricket Club 1st XI matchdays.
• When required, on occasion, assist with delivering high quality coaching to the 2nd XI on matchdays.
• Develop strong working relationships with the other specialist coaches and medical staff.
• Provide specialist support to the Academy and Elite Performance Pathway for their promising young batters.
• Work with the Analysis Department in the formation and delivery of tactical analysis on opposition players.
• ECB level 4 coach or ECB level 3 coach with desire to obtain level 4. Overseas equivalents will be considered.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Ability to work all DCCC 1st XI matchdays including evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.
• Valid DBS check.
• First Aid and Safeguarding training or willingness to undertake on starting.