Sidmouth Cricket, Tennis and Croquet Club is an iconic Amateur Sports Club based in East Devon, providing playing surfaces and facilities to the local community. The Club is one of the best places to play amateur sports in the country, with its coastal location and stunning surrounding scenery. The Club currently employ the services of a full time Head Groundsman and are now also looking to employ an Assistant Groundsman.
Assistant Groundsman Role & Duites
The main duties and responsibilities of the Grounds Assistant will include (although this list is not exhaustive):
- To prepare and maintain Cricket, Tennis and Croquet facilities year round
- To assist with the maintenance and preparation of the Club playing surfaces, grounds, pitches and equipment
- To assist with the maintenance of artificial surfaces (Cricket nets and Tennis courts)
- To drive vehicles and equipment as required for grounds maintenance operations
- To ensure vehicles and equipment are regularly cleaned and maintained in accordance with operating requirements
- To ensure that all equipment and materials are stored safely and in accordance with health and safety regulations
- To undertake any other delegated tasks as reasonably requested by the Head Groundsman / Grounds Chairman
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen interest in sports facilities and will be able to take instruction from our Head Groundsman and Ground Chairman. A keen eye for detail and a pride in their work are also very important traits in particular for the grounds side of the position. The person needs to be a good communicator, with one of the key parts of the role being able to work with volunteers of the Club. The person must be well organised and have the ability to work on their own.
- 6 month engagement – Starting 1st April 2024 to 30th September 2024
- Part -Time Contract | 20 hrs per week
- Remuneration - £11.44 per hour
- 5 days holiday entitlement
- All payments will be made through the Club payroll with PAYE and NI being deducted at source
To be eligible for this role you must comply with the following criteria;
- Be eligible to work here in the UK and have any necessary work permit or visa in place
- Full Clean UK Driving License
Interested and want to find out more?
Please get in contact with Saj Patidar (Club Chairman) today on the email address below: