Big Bash Leagues – Competition Development Lead
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting time for us, as we are looking for a Competition Development Lead to join our growing Big Bash Leagues department. We are on the hunt for a candidate who can use rich and robust data to deliver balanced and commercially optimised competition development strategies for the WBBL and BBL. We have big ambitions for this space, so we’re looking for drive, passion, and energy to bring our plans to life.
Reporting to the Head of Competition Development and Strategy, you’ll be responsible for:
- Long term competition development growth projects and initiatives for both the Leagues I.e. Competition Structure, Big Bash Cricket Committee, Rule innovation
- Developing annual, commercially focused schedules of matches, including finals series for both the Leagues
- Developing strategies and systems to monitor and review competition rules, both on and off the field, to further optimise the continuous improvement of the game
- Providing high level data and analytics capability across the Big Bash League ecosystem
- Driving strategy and tactics between the League, Broadcasters and Clubs to grow the Big Bash.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills, from CEO to admin/support staff
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and strategic planning skills as well as excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in managing the planning, development and delivery of league/club competition schedules
- Strong data analytics and modelling skills
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to adapt to rapidly changing situations to balance multiple priorities and remain focused and clear
- Understanding of cricket and the Big Bash Leagues