Boys Psychologist – Kent CCC
Kent Cricket is one of only 18 first class county cricket clubs in England and Wales. From our headquarters at The Spitfire Ground, St Lawrence in Canterbury, and with a satellite ground at The County Ground, Beckenham, we are responsible for the growth and development of all cricket across Kent and our four London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Greenwich and Lewisham - from community and schools’ cricket to the professional game.
Kent Cricket recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
Summary of the Role:
We are seeking a Boy’s Pathway Sport Psychologist that would be responsible for the delivery of Sport Psychology to Emerging Players Programme (EPP) and the Boys’ County Age Group (CAG) squads.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• To work closely with and as part of the Pathway MDT supporting players and parents
within the Pathway programme
• The primary area of exposure will be to provide a range of one-to-one & Group
psychological skills training (PST) within our EPP and CAG programmes (u11 – u16)
• To deliver a number of workshops around the 5C's model of practice to u11s to u16s
players & parents
• To liaise and work alongside the Kent Senior Sport Psychologist around the
integration and the transition of players moving from CAG to EPP to Academy
• To work alongside CAG and EPP coaches during the winter training programme
• To provide support during the summer match-play programme for u11 to u15 and
• BASES or BPS Accredited
• Evidence of a strong pedagogical background around working with young
adolescents in a performance programme