Coach Development Operations Manager
- Lead the work of developing our local club and Cricket Wales’ pathway coaches (current and future) to support our collective ambitions to grow the game and raise standards across Wales.
- Raise the profile and ‘brand’ of coaching across the network; To act as an ambassador and ‘evangelist’ for coaches of all levels, and coach development in Wales.
- Revolutionise the way cricket in Wales generates, diversifies, develops and mentors its coaching workforce of the future.
- Work collaboratively with the three Club Workforce Development Officers in each Area, ensuring a smooth service in relation to administration and delivery across Wales, thus ensuring the delivery of area development plans for workforce growth.
- Seek out best practice, innovation and new developments from relevant networks that spur on coach development across Wales.
- Increase the overall volume of trained and deployed coaches to match the rate of growth in participation.
- Develop relevant and appropriate CPD needs and delivery across the club network, aligning this with the strategic needs of the business plan (performance/grassroots/women’s & girls’ cricket/transition of junior cricketers, from All Stars upwards) and putting in place relevant and timely courses to address these needs.
- Act collaboratively with the three Area teams and the Cricket Wales’ Talent Pathway team, ensuring an end-to-end service for the cricket network and the betterment of coaching standards.
- Apply effective systems so that there is up-to-date management data across all coach development measurables.
- Ensure Cricket Wales has the most up-to-date view of the volume of coaches active in Wales and is supporting them with talent and ambition to enable them to fulfil their potential.
- Run coach development programmes which are commercial (attractive to potential sponsors) and enable Cricket Wales to make a net-profit in order to reinvest revenues back into coach development and training.
- Run appropriate initiatives linked to the reward and recognition of Wales’ best coaches.
- Support clubs and Workforce Support Officers in the administration of umpires’ and scorers’ courses in Wales.
Depending on experience
Cricket Wales, Pontcanna, Cardiff, UK