County Safeguarding Officer – Lincolnshire Cricket
Lincolnshire Cricket Ltd have an exciting opportunity to join the team as our new County
As Cricket’s National Governing Body within Lincolnshire, safeguarding is a fundamental and
integral aspect of our role, and that of our affiliated clubs. Collectively we all have a part to play to
ensure the game is a safe, positive and enjoyable experience for all who participate in cricket,
children and adults.
Our united approach to safeguarding across the game is underpinned by our policies, procedures
and regulations, and supports a child centred culture, by creating an environment where
children are asked for and feel able to express their views, opinions and concerns.
Our county network of Club Safeguarding Officers play a key role in embedding a culture of
safeguarding across the game, to ensure high quality safeguarding arrangements across the
undertaking and management of casework e.g. Police, Social work, Education, including an
understanding of current relevant legislation, best practice and national framework for
safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
• Understanding of the ECB’s role and responsibilities to safeguard the welfare of children,
young people and adults, including ECB safeguarding children policy documents.
• Understanding of local arrangements for managing safeguarding children and
• Experience of building relationships with key stakeholders.
• Experience of working to high levels of confidentiality including the storage of confidential
• Enthusiasm and commitment to safeguarding.
• Ability to challenge poor practice and effect change.
• Presentation and training skills