Director of Cricket
Sidmouth is an iconic Club based in East Devon, running 3 Saturday League teams competing in the Devon League pyramid. The Club runs a full programme of Junior age group cricket with teams competing in the respective East Devon Youth League competitions. The Club also runs all the ECB programmes including All Stars Cricket and Dynamos. In the past three years the Club has also worked hard to develop a Women and Girls Section. The Club is one of the best places to play amateur cricket in the country, with its coastal location and stunning surrounding scenery. The Club has a Professional full time groundsman and our playing surfaces are ranked at the top of the Premier League pitch markings annually. Our teams consist of vastly homegrown players and as a Club we have experienced much success over the course of the last 15 years, which the Club are keen to continue.
The Director of Cricket Role
The Club are looking to appoint a Director of Cricket who will have the following responsibilities:
- Organise and oversee Adult training once a week – Summer (Wednesday evenings)
- Oversee the activities of the 1st Team as predominantly a coach / player throughout the 21 weeks of the season
- Organise and oversee Junior training – Summer (Friday evenings)
- Organise and run a Junior summer camp programme – with 50/50 Profit Split in addition to salary
- Run 1:2:1 coaching for players (Junior and Senior) throughout the summer
- Sit on the selection committee for the Adult Teams
- Run Continual Personal Development for existing coaches
- Liaise with the local schools to organise coaching and taster sessions
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of cricket in general. Be a minimum ECB Level 2 coach however it would be desirable to hold a Level 3 or above as part of the role, with experience of working with adults and children. The person needs to be a good communicator, with one of the key parts of the role being able to work with volunteers of the Club. The person must be well organised and have the ability to work on their own. Being a current player isn’t mandatory for the role, however, would potentially be an added benefit.
- 3-year engagement with initial 5 month Summer contract – Starting 1st April 2024 – 31st August 2024
- Summer Contract | 20hrs per week including: All day Saturdays (Senior fixture), Fridays (Junior training 4pm to 8pm (ends July 19th), Wednesdays (Senior training 5pm to 8pm), other days negotiable
- Remuneration up to £9,000 for the 5 months
- Additional coaching opportunities available *Subject to demand from junior parents
To be eligible for this role you must comply with the following criteria:
- Possess an up to date ECB DBS Check
- Possess an up to date ECB Safe Guarding Young Cricketers Certificate
- Possess a valid Cricket Coaching Certificate
- Be eligible to work here in the UK and have any necessary work permit or visa in place
- Full Clean UK Driving License
Interested and want to find out more?
Please get in contact with Matt Cooke today on the email address or on the number below if you require further details.
Sidmouth Cricket Club