Director of Cricket (Maternity Cover) – Radnor House Sevenoaks
The Director of Cricket will work closely with the Director of Sport, Head of Prep PE and the Directors of Hockey, Football and Swimming in developing the school’s sports programme with a special focus on leading the cricket programme. Significant potential exists to develop cricket at Radnor House Sevenoaks with its investment in facilities, staffing and its desire to promote excellence in cricket for girls and boys equally as one of its focus sports. The Director of Cricket will enjoy the support of a strong and experienced team of PE teachers and coaches.
Responsible for the development of girls and boys cricket across the whole school. Key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Create a development plan to progress boys and girls cricket with the aim of increasing participation and improving performance.
• Plan and lead coaching programmes for cricket from ages 8-18.
• Arrange and organise fixtures including logistics bookings for all cricket in the Senior School.
• Develop and lead staff CPD for cricket
• Create and develop strong links with local cricket clubs, primary and prep schools.
• Create a strong pre-season cricket programme, including tours.
• Assist in the delivery of at least one of the winter sports (hockey or football)
• Excellent cricket knowledge.
• A passion for cricket and for developing young players into the sport.
• Ability to develop and inspire the more able pupils to elite level cricket.
• Team player.
• Ability to plan and think strategically.
• Good communication skills.
• Excellent organisation skills.