The role of the Fundraising Executive is to be responsible and accountable for all fundraising activity, helping to build resilient and profitable income streams for the Somerset Cricket Foundation (SCF) and extend the reach of the charity’s brand. This will include; Trusts & Foundations, individual donors, corporate organisations, community fundraising and one-off events which will deliver wider organisational stakeholder engagement to raise the profile of the SCF.
- Agree an annual fundraising and events strategy for SCF, in collaboration with the Somerset Cricket Foundation Fundraising Committee and Managing Director.
- Take overall responsibility for the development, growth, and implementation of all areas of income generation.
- Develop and create new fundraising opportunities that raise the profile of SCF and attract new partners and donors.
- Develop and maintain long-lasting positive relationships with event attendees, including senior corporate contacts and individual supporters to build a loyal supporter base.
- Nurture existing relationships with community partners to ensure they continue to support SCF beyond their agreements.
- Proactively look to create new relationships (in conjunction with SCCC Commercial team) with associated fundraising partners, to broaden the reach and impact of the work of SCF and promote the wider club to the local community.
- Promote the work of the SCF at fundraising events, through associated media and literature.
- Input into the creation of the annual SCF Impact Report, ensuring it is shared with new and existing supporters.
- Monitor and evaluate the annual impact that fundraising is bringing to the Foundation through effective reporting.
- Work collaboratively with the SCF Programme leads to identify opportunities in raising awareness and essential additional revenues.
Strong strategic planning and organisational skills
Successful track record of event management
Ability to respond to tight deadlines
Accuracy and attention to detail
Inclusive style of working
Strong communicator who works well in a team
Collaborative approach and the ability to learn quickly and a ‘can do’ attitude
Strong IT literacy, including MS Office
Excellent time management skills and the ability to use their initiative
Some flexibility around working hours will be required