Head Coach/ Player/ Player/ Player – Excelsior’20 Cricket Club
The Head Coach/ Player/ Player/Player will be the most important role at Excelsior’20 Cricket in coming years and will ensure that players are able to consistently deliver their best cricket for their team, themselves and their club.
The Head Coach/ Player/ Player/ Player will be an inspirational leader who works hard to identify, nurture and develop cricketing talent. At Excelsior’20 we believe that player welfare and a team culture is key to delivering cricketing success and the Head Coach/ Player/ Player/ Playerwill play a vital role in producing a welcoming and winning culture at the Club.
The Head Coach/ Player/ Player/ Players will ultimately be responsible for creating sustained success on the pitch and across all competitions and formats of the game within the club.
The Head Coach/ Player/ Player/ Player will have played cricket at a minimum level of Premier League amateur level that is equivalent to, or higher than KNCB Topklasse.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
The Head Coach/ Player/ Player will oversee strategy delivery and the performance management of 4 key areas:
1. Team performance and planning
2. Coaching and Management
3. Strategy and Reporting
The Head Coach/ Player/ Player will be an integral part of the leadership team at the Club and will act as an ambassador for Excelsior’20 Cricket at all touch points and with all stakeholders.
A key relationship is the one held with the Chairman; together they will set the cricket strategy and be jointly accountable for the delivery of the strategy and the maintenance and growth of cricket and cricketing success across the Club.
• Strategic thinker – can establish a vision, provide direction and inspire others
• Proven success as a cricket coach at Premier League Amateur, Professional Club or State level.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience at Premier League Amateur, Professional Club or State level.
• Ability to motivate and positively influence club cricketers, coaches and teams
• Ambition and energy to operate at amateur level.
• Proven ability to operate with professionalism and integrity in all situations.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of the fundamental requirements associated with operating and being successful within an amateur sporting environment.
• Experience and evidence of developing and implementing change strategies that provide competitive advantages to sporting teams through innovation.
• A clear understanding of and commitment to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults in a amateur environment.
• Good self-awareness and excellent emotional intelligence.
• Strong IT and analytical skills
• Highly developed leadership and management skills coupled with strong planning and organization
• Good communication skills – written, verbal and presentation