Head of Junior Cricket
As the Head of Junior Cricket at our prestigious amateur cricket club, you will be responsible for all aspects of colts cricket for our Colts section for boys and girls that currently numbers over 600 registered players. This high-profile and critical role involves managing and developing our junior section, conducting holiday cricket courses & in-season tournaments, creating pathways to senior cricket, and leading outreach programs for local schools.
● Junior Cricket Development: Lead the development and implementation of a comprehensive cricket programme for our junior section, catering to both boys and girls of various age groups.
● Coaching and Mentoring: Oversee the coaching staff for the junior section, ensuring the provision of high-quality coaching and mentoring focusing on skill development, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
● Holiday Cricket Courses: Plan, organise, and run cricket courses during school holidays, ensuring they are engaging, educational, and cater to different skill levels.
● Pathways to Senior Cricket: Develop clear and effective pathways for talented junior players to progress into senior cricket, ensuring a seamless transition.
● School Outreach Programs: Build and maintain relationships with local schools,
implementing outreach programs to promote cricket and identify potential talents.
● Event Management: Organise junior tournaments, matches, and cricketing events, ensuring they are well-coordinated and successful.
● Safeguarding and Welfare: Ensure all activities comply with safeguarding policies, fostering a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment for all junior players.
● Administration and Communication: Handle administrative duties related to the junior section, including membership management, parent communication, and coordination with the club’s management team.
● Strong knowledge of cricket, with a focus on junior player development.
● Excellent organisational and communication skills.
● Relevant coaching qualifications (e.g., ECB Level 2 or equivalent).
● A strong commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
● Passionate about junior cricket development and education.
● Ability to inspire, motivate, and engage young players.