Head of Women and Girls Cricket
St Margaretsbury Cricket Club wishes to appoint a dynamic and driven person, with an enthusiasm for women and girls cricket in particular to lead the growth and development of it’s female section.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plan and lead all coaching for girls aged 8+ at the club
- Plan and lead all coaching for the women’s team
- Work with club’s Director of Cricket to devise a year round coaching plan for Women and Girls at the club, starting with winter nets in January 2024.
- Lead the development of a full girls pathway at the club, starting from our first girls team entered into the Herts Junior League structure
- Develop player capable of representing Hertfordshire at age group girls level
- Develop links with local schools and other organisations as a way of attracting girls and women to the club to play cricket
- Support the club in achieving it’s long term aspirations for girls cricket (as stated below)
- Be a positive role model for the club and its desire to have one of the best women and girls sections around
Skills and Experience
- Minimum ECB Level 2 Coaching Qualification (now Core Coach)
- Experience of coaching women and girls
- Knowledge of the ECBs Player Pathway for Women and Girls
- Knowledge of local area and it’s clubs is desirable
- Good technical coaching knowledge
Renumeration and Additional Opportunities
- Competitive rate of pay aligned to candidate’s experience
- Playing for St Margaretsbury CC Women’s XI
- Coaching Junior Boys/All Stars
- Summer Camp Coaching
- Use of club facilities for private coaching
To apply, please contact Steve Ansell (firstname.lastname@example.org) outlining your coaching experience and why you believe you would be a good fit for our club.