HIGH PERFORMANCE BOWLING COACH
The Bowling Coach will be responsible for the technical and tactical preparation, monitoring, maintenance and improvement of all Durham Cricket’s professional bowlers, and the implementation of bowling programmes for the club’s emerging players.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Develop a clear strategy for Durham Cricket’s professional bowlers that has an
alignment with the Talent Pathway.
• Prepare and deliver specialist bowling programmes.
• Work closely with the Sports Science and Medical Department in applying
appropriate strength and conditioning principles relevant to safe bowling.
• Contributing, as required, to player identification, selection and assessment activity.
• Contributing as an active team member of the High-Performance Coaching group by
bringing a diverse and expert perspective, enabling the development of world’s best
• To advise on the performance of the Club’s Playing Staff and Coaches and the recruitment and retention of players.
• Develop positive and strong working relationships, and work closely with other
specialist coaches, both in professional cricket, and in the Talent Pathway.
• Carry out other duties, appropriate to the position of Bowling Coach as required.
• A proven track record of coaching elite teams and players.
• A deep understanding of First-Class cricket and International demands.
• Demonstrable expertise in areas associated to learning and development, with a
hunger to grow this expertise further.
• The ability to devise, deliver and manage coaching programmes for individuals,
groups and teams.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of sports science.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• High levels of motivation and the resilience required to thrive in a varied and
demanding high performance role.
• Capability and appetite for extensive domestic travel.
• Current DBS, Child Protection (Safeguarding Young People)