We have an exciting opportunity for a lawyer with 3-5 years’ experience to join our legal team. Reporting to the Head of Legal Services, the primary focus of this role is to provide legal advice and support on a diverse range of legal issues across the operations of Cricket Victoria and seek to ensure all dealings are conducted in a manner that appropriately enhances and protects its interests, whilst complying with all applicable laws and regulatory frameworks.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Legal Services to provide general legal support for Cricket Victoria as required.
- Support the review and drafting of agreements and terms and conditions affecting Cricket Victoria and contribute to their negotiation in a way that appropriately manages the risks to Cricket Victoria.
- Provide appropriate, commercial, and timely legal advice to Cricket Victoria including on legislation and regulatory matters in written and verbal forms and integrity matters including member protection and child safeguarding.
- Assist in process, policy and template development and improvement.
- Process and, where appropriate, negotiate, contracts and ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
- Assist with Board and Governance matters as required.
- Enhance delivery of legal service and compliance functions, including through use of relevant technology, systems, and tools.
Minimum three years’ post-admission experience in practicing law including experience in a mid to top tier law firm and/or an in-house environment.
Sound understanding of the principles of in-house legal practice.
Demonstrated high quality of knowledge of, and experience in, commercial law, contracting, consumer law, property law, industrial relations, intellectual property, privacy and data and corporate governance.
Current Victorian Employee Working with Children Check (or arranged on appointment).