Men’s Team and Operations Lead
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a driven Men’s Team and Operations Lead to join our Operations team. This role will fulfill a “team manager” function in support of designated tours, which will include international and domestic travel and provide administration support of the Australian Men’s teams.
Reporting to the Head of Team Operations you’ll be responsible for managing the touring operations and logistics for the Australian Men’s teams (including national and pathway teams) for designated domestic and international tours.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australian’s.
Reporting to the Head of Team Operations, you’ll be responsible for:
- Oversee the day to day running and operations of the Australian Men’s cricket program, including responsibility for overall player and staff squad operations, logistics, tour schedules and team administration, including:
o Australian Men’s team domestic and international tours and camps
o Other Cricket Australia teams as required
- Perform Team Manager duties for designated tours and camps, including:
o Accompany the relevant team on all tours (and potentially team camps)
o Logistical, operational and day to day support of the of the Teams during all competitions
o Liaise with Team Operations Coordinator with respect to player and team management apparel and equipment
- Lead the preparation and/or negotiation of tour “memorandum of understanding” (MOU) agreements with overseas boards
- Overseeing all administrative duties administration of male program operational requirements, including player contracting process, appearances, payments and reimbursements
- Dealing with internal and external stakeholders and building solid and long-lasting relationships
- Resilience, agility, adaptability, and a ‘no excuses’ approach to work
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and execute multiple tasks
- IT proficiency
- Problem solving capabilities, with proven ability to deliver operational efficiencies across systems and procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience setting and managing significant annual budgets
- Ability to work autonomously and remotely
- Proven budget management skills
- Contract management