Northamptonshire County Cricket Club – LEAD BATTING COACH
A rare opportunity has arisen for a motivated, driven and experienced person to join
Northamptonshire County Cricket Club in our ambition to achieve success at the top level of professional cricket.
The Club is looking to appoint a designated Lead Batting Coach with attributes that support that position and skills that will help to develop and prepare our players to perform at the highest level.
The role is to support and develop the full coaching establishment from First Team, to Second X1, Academy and EPP.
The Lead Batting Coach will work closely with Head Coach John Sadler and possess technical and
tactical batting awareness to help the First and Second team playing staff, plus supporting the Academy & EPP. In addition, the successful candidate should demonstrate leadership traits and hold ambitions in both personal and team success.
• To Support the Head Coach in the management of the full professional playing squad.
• To provide technical and tactical insight with the batters.
• Assist the Head Coach in delivery of coaching programmes for training preparation and
match day performance, both on and off the field.
• Provide batting coaching in the off season with all professional staff and support the
Academy and EPP as and when required.
• To help to produce England cricketers.
• Develop strong, positive working relationships and wor
Flexibility to workdays / hours and willing to be available on weekends.
Experience of designing, planning and delivering specific coaching programmes.
ECB level 4, ECB specialist coach Level 3, with ambition to embark on ECB Specialist
Valid first aid, safeguarding and current DBS check.
Able to prepare training programmes to meet individual player needs and the team as a whole.
Strong technical and tactical knowledge of all facets of the game.
Availability throughout the England & Wales Cricket Season.