Pathways and Professional Physical Performance Coach
The main purpose of this role is to lead the delivery of physical preparation (S&C) across Surrey County Cricket Club (SCCC) Academy, SCCC Elite Player Pathway (EPP). Additionally, the post holder will assist the Head of Physical Performance in delivery of S&C services to the Professional Players.
What you’ll do
- Conduct regular fitness assessments for all Academy and EPP players, and various development squads, as deemed appropriate by the Head of Physical Performance and Academy Director in line with ECB requirements (3 times per year).
- Report, and record on ECB Smartabase, the results of screening and assessment to the head of Physical Performance, Coaches and Players as soon as possible using effective means of communication.
- Collaborate, plan and deliver an annually periodised strength and conditioning plan based on testing, individual player and SCCC requirements.
- Ensure a minimum of 2 sessions per week with the academy players in the off season and regular, appropriate contact with them in season to ensure continued physical development.
- Supervise regular stature measurements for identified players as deemed appropriate by the Head of Physical Performance and Academy Director in line with ECB requirements and act appropriately upon any changes in maturation status.
- Provide Player education sessions.
- Work alongside SCCC physiotherapists and the Head of Physical Performance to provide rehabilitation to injured Players.
- Work alongside SCCC physiotherapists and the Head of Physical Performance to provide S&C sessions to contracted SCCC Players.
- Provide match day cover as required during the playing season (including professional fixtures).
- In conjunction with the Head of Physical Performance and physiotherapists, work towards developing a robust pathway system that supports the development of world’s best practice for SCCC.
- Undertake regular professional development to keep abreast of world’s best practice.
- Manage, supervise and at times deliver S&C support for all age group sessions (primarily off-season).
- Regular monitoring of all strength and conditioning exposure throughout the year for the academy and EPP players.
Have a passion for youth athletic development.
Sports science / S&C degree; preferably post-graduate level.
Knowledge of elite cricket performance and practice methods.
High quality S&C programming and coaching skills.
Practical knowledge of injury rehabilitation and prevention training.
Practical knowledge of nutrition strategies and recovery practices to support performance and health.
Practical knowledge of monitoring and analysis systems.
Practical knowledge of UK anti-doping guidelines, supplement policy and approach.
Leadership skills and ability to influence individuals and key stakeholders.
Excellent presentation skills
Excellent IT skills