Pathways & Talent Coach – Waikato (Northern Districts Cricket Association)
Northern Districts - Pathways & Talent Coach (Waikato)
Northern Districts Cricket Association (ND) is one of six Major Associations that make up New Zealand Cricket. We are a fun and dedicated team which are passionate about our purpose. We like to provide support and encourage each other to challenge the status quo/disrupt the edges, be innovative and strive to achieve new heights.
We take great pride in our organisation vision “Connecting People, Creating Memories” which is supported by three core values;
1. ‘Stronger Together’
2. ‘Build on Our Foundations’ and
3. ‘Play Our Way’.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and driven coach to join our team as the Pathway & Talent Coach, Waikato region. This is a full-time position working across our Pathway and Talent programmes making a key contribution in helping to support the development of our players and teams through a holistic approach.
The primary responsibilities will be to provide direction and leadership of an annual Pathway programme for male and female athletes in the Waikato, and lead the delivery and coaching of high-level Talent within the region through our Regional Academy model.
• Sport NZ Coach Developer qualification or equivalent (preferred)
• Experience in community and/or professional sport
• Demonstrated leadership skills with ability to build effective working relationships
• Extensive knowledge of player development processes inclusive of talent identification
• Ability to create enjoyable learning environments
• Cricket knowledge relating to the technical and tactical requirements of the game.