• To provide delivery and development of high-level nutritional support to professional players at Leicestershire County Cricket Club.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead the performance nutrition strategy, which promotes best practice in all aspects of support to the professional playing staff in coordination with the Head of S&C.
• Influence the environment and promote a culture that supports nutrition as a central component of high performance at LCCC.
• Manage and support the nutritional strategy for individual athletes in order complement their training and match day requirements at all stages of the year.
• Provide support and interventions for injured and post-surgery athletes to maximise their return to play and competition.
• Liaise with clubs’ chefs and catering team to develop menus that are game and format specific and periodised to optimise team performance.
• Contribute to the supplement provision at the club demonstrating quality assurance relating to supplements, with a thorough understanding of anti-doping and the current WADA code.
• Maintain records of all nutrition and supplement interventions.
• Provide and/or present reports on nutrition services and/or player development to Head Coach, Head of Sport Science and Medicine, Head of S&C and relevant staff.
- Postgraduate degree in Sport Nutrition or in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 1 year working within professional sport.