Player Development Manager – Female
We are currently seeking to appoint a Player Development Manager – Female to develop and implement individualised best practice programs and policies in the areas of Personal Development, Health and Wellbeing, Career and Education for female players at Women’s Big Bash League, State and underage representative level. This role has a dual reporting line with Cricket Victoria (CV) and the Australia Cricketers’ Association (ACA) General Manager Player Development and Wellbeing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Build trusted and valued relationships with Players, Coaches, Cricket Performance staff, WBBL staff, ACA, CA, and each player’s primary personal network (e.g. family, partners, agents) as key stakeholders.
- Deliver the GamePlan program using a case management approach.
- Act as a conduit between the players and the appropriate professional development and wellbeing programs and services in alignment with the ACA’s GamePlan framework.
- Coordinate and deliver the Australian Cricket Wellbeing Education Framework sessions.
- Develop a network of Professional Development Managers and relevant service providers across. different sports to identify learnings and strengthen relationships through sharing best practice initiatives and programs.
- Provide appropriate first incident response to players who present with professional and personal issues.
- Provide guidance and support on wellbeing related issues in a professional and confidential manner when dealing with players.
- Liaise closely with CA, ACA and State Association Psychologists on wellbeing related issues as appropriate.
- Work with Cricket Performance team and coaches to facilitate the support of players regarding player non-selection, transitions, delisting, retirement, injury, rehabilitation and/or relocation (including Women’s Big Bash League players).
- Complete Individual Development Plans with all players, offering accurate guidance and support which enables the player to look at life beyond cricket.
- Assist players to experience different roles, make informed career choices and build employability skills through engaging in work experience, volunteering, community events, etc.
- In accordance with the player’s Professional Development Plan, provide informed advice on school/university courses, TAFE courses, vocational training programs, course selection (career pre-requisites), study strategies and negotiation of study flexibility.
Ability to build strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
Outstanding verbal communication in a high performance team environment.
A proven commitment to ethical behaviour, particularly in relation to maintaining confidentiality.
Competency in the provision of mental health and well-being programs for individuals and small groups.
Strong results orientation with the proven ability to plan and deliver results.
Strong set of personal values which are totally aligned with Cricket Victoria’s values of Integrity, Connection, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
Current Victorian Employee Working with Children Check (or obtained upon appointment).