Product Owner – PlayHQ
Working for Cricket Australia means that you become a part of Australia’s proud history and help us look toward the future. We are seeking to drive bold, transformative change in digital experiences, junior participation, culturally diverse inclusion, gender equality and sustainability, re-imagine the W/BBL, build player connection through storytelling and play our part in developing the game globally.
Our purpose is clear; to unite and inspire everyone to love and play cricket. Cricket is so much more than just a game; it brings people together and binds us all through our shared experiences.
This is your opportunity to join a purpose led organisation that truly makes a difference to Australians.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a passionate and driven Product Owner to join our Strategy & Customer Experience department. This is a critical role in driving forward Australian Cricket’s Strategy, focusing on delivering Brilliant Experiences for fans and participants across Australia and around the world.
Reporting to the Group Product Manager you’ll be responsible for supporting and managing the ongoing development of 3rd party grassroots products, specifically PlayHQ & OfficialsHQ
This is an amazing opportunity to join a purpose driven organisation. Uniting and inspiring communities through Cricket is our culture, and we’ve never been prouder of the role our people play in making Cricket a sport for all Australian’s.
Other key responsibilities are:
- Maintaining and regularly grooming a backlog of features & enhancements for the PlayHQ & OfficialsHQ platforms
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs (Volunteers, Participants, Umpires and 3rd Party Integrators) and work with our vendors, states & territories and internal teams to develop and groom product roadmaps.
- Represent platform features, enhancements & changes into CA’s product & technology delivery teams
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with platform vendors and keep up to date on their platform roadmap and planned features or capability that will impact Cricket users and internal stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Delivery Team (S&T specialists + Community Cricket SMEs), Comms department & PlayHQ Community team, support ongoing training and adoption of these products
- Relevant tertiary qualifications: Information Technology, Product Management
- Desirable but not essential to have a deep understanding of Cricket and how its managed at a Grassroots level
- You will have a strong commercial mindset that can look around corners
- Experience with vendor management, product management, Agile software development practices and systems
- Comfortable with presenting to large audiences and collaborating with executive leadership
- Strong stakeholder relationships and comfortable having courageous conversations