We are looking for SIAs to join the team to ensure that all players, members, guests, media, and staff who enter the venue are given appropriate security protection as directed, while still maintaining outstanding customer service levels. You never know what a day might throw at you, so you will need to have the ability to work well under pressure.
- Monitor crowd behaviour and communicate appropriate rules with customers when required
- Ensure access control measures are adhered to in your designated area.
- Enforce venue rules and eject customers if required
- Assist with the evacuation of the venue and direct guests or players/officials to the relevant holding areas
- Provide information and assistance to members of the public and staff arriving at the Kia Oval
- Deliver the brand and feel of the event that is being staged – this will be briefed out in accordance with the type of fixture being staged
- They will remain in designated positions until relieved by their nominated replacement.
Having or working towards NVQ2 in spectator safety
Ability to keep calm and fair with all customers in difficult situations.
Ability to resolve an aggressive situation or conflict without putting yourself or those around you in unnecessary danger
Prepared to work with a variety of people and able to work in a team.
A good knowledge of the internal areas of the ground and stand they are assigned to.
A good knowledge of the Venue Evacuation Procedures and Safety Requirements
Fit and mobile