Sports Field & Cricket Manager
Located at Kristin School in Albany on the North Shore, we are looking for a Turf and Sports Field Manager to take the lead on the maintenance for the school’s sports grounds. As a sole charge position you will be hands on managing the cricket pitches and sports fields for both summer and winter codes.
This role will have seasonal aspects focused on the care and management of facilities around each sports code. This will include general mowing maintenance, turf and grass establishment, line marking, cricket wicket preparation, irrigation, drainage and operating relevant tools and machinery.
While you will work alongside the schools existing grounds staff, the sports grounds will be yours to caretake. As an employee of Landscape Solutions, you will be our day-to-day representative on the schools’ grounds, directly supported by our Commercial Account Manager. You will have the expertise of our broader sports team with additional manpower and technical assistance for any specialist work including renovations and grounds preparation as required.
You will need to have previous experience managing cricket wickets, but may have additional experience working in turf, golf, sports fields, or similar grounds keeping experience. This role will suit an individual who takes pride in making a difference to the standard of the grounds that you are involved with. If you gain satisfaction from seeing your grounds deliver ‘’on the day’’ for the teams who utilise them, then we would love for you to apply.
We are happy to support the right candidate to gain formal qualifications and certification.
Here at Landscape Solutions, we are a friendly bunch. We provide great support to our staff in the way of systems, training, resources, and expertise. We make it easy for great people to create and maintain great places.
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
• Working independently and at times with others to follow and complete a schedule of work.
• General field and cricket wicket maintenance.
• Mowing and edging
• Cricket Wicket preparation.
• Turf and grass establishment.
• Irrigation and drainage.
• Assist in other projects as required.
• Contributing to a positive team culture that promotes respect, professionalism, and excellence.
• Experience with various types of machinery and equipment – mowers, vehicles, small plant
• A full NZ Drivers licence.
• Pride in their work and are committed to consistently delivering quality workmanship.
• Physically fit and committed to getting the job done.
• Reliable and always on time for work.
• Energetic and self-motivated.
• High standard of professionalism.