Established in 1871, the South Australian Cricket Association (SACA) has a rich history as one of the nation’s premier sporting bodies with a vision for cricket to be Australia’s favorite sport – a sport for all Australian’s. Operating within the sports and entertainment industry, SACA offers an exciting and dynamic working environment and is responsible for overseeing and developing cricket at a State level.
SACA is responsible for coordinating international and domestic cricket matches at Adelaide Oval, Premier cricket matches and community carnivals, coaching and development and pathway programs for girls and boys, coaching, umpiring, volunteer development and ground management at Karen Rolton Oval. It also administers high performance cricket in South Australia, including the West End Redbacks, SA Scorpions and Adelaide Strikers women’s and men’s teams.
At SACA, we embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion, and sexual orientation. We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket, and we also offer a flexible work environment for employees. We measure ourselves on our behaviours – our people value accountability, team first approach and being world class.
About the role
SACA is looking for an experienced Turf Supervisor to join our Grounds team. The Turf Supervisor will assist in providing leadership, direction and support to the grounds team to deliver First Class grounds and facilities for Community, Premier and High Performance Cricket.
Please note, this role is based at Karen Rolton Oval/Park 25.
- Assist in managing the preparation and presentation of all grounds under SACA management, including oversight of Premier Club grounds, for all cricket and other major events
- Assist in the delivery of all Cricket Australia scheduling.
- Assist Grounds Manager and lead Grounds team in the transportation, installation and preparation of KRO Drop In Cricket Pitches
- Assist in managing annual turf, machinery and equipment maintenance programs
- Proactively promote and comply with WHS policies and procedures within compliance with WHS requirements
Excellent technical skills in turf trades, soil and irrigation
The ability to research and develop turf/grass best practise
Project management experience
Strong written and verbal skills
Experience in the preparation of cricket pitches
Management and coordination of staff
Experience with the use of irrigation systems
Be proficient in WHS requirements and management practises
A strong understanding of cricket in South Australia
You will hold a valid Working with Children Check or have the ability to obtain one.