VACANCY | ASSISTANT REGIONAL MANAGER – Middlesex CCC
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for highly motivated coaches and cricket enthusiasts to join our team. You will be part of a dedicated Participation Team within Middlesex Cricket, who work in one of the most vibrant cities in the world, London! We are a county that embraces difference, pushes the boundaries on what can be achieved and wants to lead on the world stage. We believe in the power of sport, in its ability to unify communities, develop people and improve environments so that everyone can take part and thrive in cricket!
Our Participation Strategy covers delivery in 17 of the London Metropolitan Boroughs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To organize and deliver coaching sessions in Primary, Secondary schools, Colleges and Universities across Middlesex
- Inspire children and teachers to be excited about cricket
- Actively support the transition between schools, clubs and community offers
- Recruit activators to help coach on community sessions and the delivery of national programmes
- Deliver on Chance to Shine sessions (schools, street), and other community sessions and appropriate
- Actively work with a number of clubs with development plans within a specific geographical area in Middlesex. This includes identifying areas of growth and development, assisting with grant applications, recruitment of volunteers etc.
- Assisting in the development of cricket in 17 London Boroughs in accordance with the Middlesex Cricket Strategic Plan, contributing to the responsibilities of the Participation Team as directed by the Director of Participation.
- As a guide the successful candidate will coach 3 days a week and work on club development for 2 days per week.
Ability to communicate with key stake holders and customers, both internally and externally
Ability to build and create new relationships
Be enthusiastic about the programmes and content being delivered
Promote Middlesex and Middlesex in the Community and other initiatives that the club offers as and when appropriate
Be self motivated and have the ability to motivate others
Wants to be part of a team that is progressive
Disclosure and Barring System Check (assistance available)
UKCC2 Certificate in Cricket Coaching or equivalent.
First Aid Certificate (assistance available)
Safeguarding Young Cricketers Certificate (assistance available)