Women & Girls Community Coach
Surrey is the leading county for women’s and girls’ cricket in the country. We are looking for a new coach to work in our W&G Participation Team to promote, develop and coach cricket throughout Surrey. The successful candidate will bean energetic and enthusiastic individual who has a passion to support and develop the game, working with multiple partners and organisations. The role combines both coaching delivery and development work and will involve engaging with participants of all ages.
The successful candidate could be based at our Guildford office or at the Kia Oval and will deliver at venues across the county, from south London to suburban and leafy Surrey. This will include club, community, and school-based cricketing opportunities, both coaching and running competitions.
Work with the Cricket Participation Manager and Women & Girls Officers to support and deliver cricket within the county.
Coach on various SCF programmes as required primarily:
- Girls’ Secondary School Programme (includes cricket coaching, leadership, and upskilling teachers).
- Leading our Women and Girls’ indoor leagues and festivals for clubs and schools.
- Coaching on our Girls only Pride of Lions School Holiday Programme.
- Coaching and developing girls as part of our Surrey Invitational Programme (for girls that narrowly miss out on pathway selection).
- Setting up, organising and leading at various women’s and girls’ finals throughout the summer.
- Leading Girls’ Street Sessions.
- Attending and supporting our Women in Cricket networking events.
Core Coach/ Level 2 ECB coaching qualification or equivalent.
Ability to run coaching sessions in a way that is engaging and exciting for participants.
Good planning and organisational skills.
Strong communicator who works well in a team.
Ability to learn quickly and a ‘can do’ attitude.
Computer literacy, ability to use MS Office.
Good time management skills.
Driving licence and access to road transport
Some flexibility around working hours will be required including evenings and weekends.