We are looking for participation coaches to join our team. You will be part of a dedicated Participation Team within Middlesex Cricket, who work in one of the most vibrant cities in the world, London! We are a county that embraces difference, pushes the boundaries on what can be achieved and wants to lead on the world stage. We believe in the power of sport, in its ability to unify communities, develop people and improve environments so that everyone can take part and thrive in cricket!
Our Participation Strategy covers delivery in 17 of the London Metropolitan Boroughs.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following duties:
- To organize and deliver coaching sessions in Infant, Primary, Secondary schools, Colleges and Universities across Middlesex
- Lead on the delivery of All Stars and Dynamo’s cricket sessions
- To use assemblies as a tool to spread the power of cricket to a larger audience.
- To link all school and community activity to exit routes whether traditional or non-traditional.
- To umpire and score at all Middlesex school and community competitions.
- To support the delivery of Participation team community events and Middlesex Cricket match day activation
- To coach on Chance to Shine Street programmes across the County
- To be able to articulate Middlesex Cricket offers to key stakeholders.
- Assisting in the development of cricket in 17 London Boroughs in accordance with the Middlesex Cricket Strategic Plan, contributing to the responsibilities of the Participation Team as directed by the Director of Participation & Safeguarding
UKCC2 Certificate in Cricket Coaching
First Aid Certificate (assistance available)
Safeguarding Young Cricketers Certificate (assistance available)
Ability to travel by public transport to various locations.
Ability to work to individual and team targets.
Adopt a positive Customer Service approach
Experience of coaching in various environments
Ability to communicate with key stake holders and customers.
Motivated and committed to personal development.